March 9, 2012

my love of yoga

I used to never understand yoga. Why would people pay money to stretch and sleep and pretend they are becoming more in tune with their "mind. body. spirit" It all seemed silly to me! I remember walking out of my first yoga class thinking "Well that was dumb!" To me no sweat meant no workout. I didn't really find interest in going back and planned to just stick to my blood, sweat, and tears routine.
As a cheerleader in high school I was already stretching almost everyday and so I was pretty bendy then high school ended and stretching ended. One day I discovered I could no longer do my splits, and I was determined to get them back! I started stretching on my own at the gym after my cardio. I started out stretching for 10-15 minutes and it slowly developed into me sitting in the little corner of my gym for 45 minutes to an hour just stretching. I still didn't have much interest in yoga until I heard of Bikram. I went with a friend and left in complete shock and almost shaking from the intensity of that class. I have never sweat more in my life, so naturally I was in love. I bought a pass and started faithfully going. It was there that I found my connection to yoga. It was my escape from society and it started to become less about the physical benefits of yoga and more about the mental benefits. It started to become very therapeutic for me and I finally started to understand the "mind, body, spirit" part of yoga. It was in that studio that I decided I wanted to teach others. I wanted to be a yoga instructor.
I now have a deep love for ALL styles of yoga and when done right with the right mind it leads to a spiritual change that's hard to describe. If everyone did yoga, I think the world would be a better place:)

here's some yoga inspiration :)

how beautiful is this?

yoga changes lives!

yoga benefits.

WOW

4 comments:

henning love said...

i love yoga too. seriously every time i go to bikram yoga i seriously question myself why i want to sweat that much but then the 1.5 hour ends and my answer to why i want to sweat that much is how amazing i feel. seriously yoga helps me so much

Lexie and Brayden said...

I want in on this!

Emilee Ryser said...

I want to take yoga classes, im not bendy AT ALL!! I have been donig pilates lately and I LOVE IT, yoga always interested me and ive seen some clips on it and it is AMAZING what ppl can go!

kylee said...

teach yoga already so i can come to your class.