May 30, 2012

not so good days

These last few days haven't exactly been my favorite. Do you have any idea how much it is to get your car out of the impound lot after being held there over the weekend? Well I do, it's $325. Good thing me and Carson are like totally rich....not. We went to the Bee's game with my cousin Megan and our friend Ben, sounds fun right?! Well turns out we parked by someones private business and the little tow truck came and picked up the car. We go to the impound lot to get it and turns out they are closed until Tuesday. Carson's car sat there all weekend, they wouldn't even let us get out his backpack, golf clubs, or the most important thing... the doughnuts on the front seat! It was really rude, and then they make us use our grocery money for the month to get the car out. Carson decided to go talk to a judge because of the ridiculousness of situation, he granted us $85 dollars back. At first I was mad that it was only $85 but I guess we are lucky to get anything back, now we can at least buy bread and milk for the month :) Oh and the doughnuts were all melted and nasty from sitting in the hotness all weekend, so that totally stunk. We now hate the impound for ruining our doughnuts and putting us into debt. So lame!
 To get rid of the stress we went to the temple last night and I walked out feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world again. The temple + my husband = the perfect night. I have been kinda negative towards myself lately and after we got out of the temple I remembered what it really important in life. I made Carson twirl me around in the front of the temple, I don't know if he wanted to but it made me feel happy and I fell asleep smiling that night.
When I woke up that next morning I looked at my phone and read the text that I had been dreading. Carson's grandpa had passed away from cancer.
I love that man. In the short time I got to know him he made me feel like I had always been a part of the family. He became grandpa to me within minutes of meeting him. There was always a hug and always a smile, he loved his wife and his family more than anything. Me and Carson both looked up to him so much, I am so grateful that I was able to meet such a great man. He will always be in our hearts! LOVE YOU GRANDPA CAMPBELL!!!!

cars, doughnuts, money, and little negative thoughts don't matter.
family matters. 


1 comment:

Haley said...

Oh no! that is so sad! i'm sorry Heath.. sounds like a weekend from you know where! Poor Wend... Such an awesome family! I'll be thinking of you guys!