August 31, 2012

Embrace Those Thunder Thighs!

First off, obviously I am not a blogger but I will keep updating it every few months or so when something inspirational hits me:) Well today something inspirational hit me so here I am updating my blog to talk about...
 MY THIGHS! 
Wow talk about sexy legs right? Yeah I totally think so but guess what.. These are not my thighs and never will be. I could run 5 miles everyday and eat celery for every meal and I don't think my thighs would ever look like this, I am just not built that way. My thighs look a little more like this ...
Wow talk about sexy legs right? Yeah I totally think so! A few years ago I totally would have complained about the size of my thighs and how shopping for pants is the worst experience of my life. Now all I can say is although the first picture of thighs could probably pull off a pair of skinny jeans much better than me the second picture of thighs could probably out squat the first like no other. Shopping for pants is still the worst experience of my life but guess what I don't give a crap that my inner thighs touch anymore... I like wearing my workout pants better anyway:) 
Slowly but surely my love of Crossfit has changed the way I look at my body... for the better. Crossfit loves my thighs and I no longer feel the need to starve myself in order to fit into a pair of size 2 skinny jeans.  My beefy legs have gotten me through some wicked hard workouts and I love them for it!!! 
Thank you Crossfit for embracing my thunder thighs!

_______________________________________________

This last weekend my Crossfit Draper peeps competed at the Retro Games in Layton. We had three team compete and out of 32 teams my team took 4th. It was hard, really really hard both mentally and physically. I did it though and totally ate some cookies when I was done because well... I deserved it! 

The Crossfit Draper Teams! 


Alvin (one of the most awesome crossfitters ever) made this sweet video of highlights from the games! 


yeah you could say I am obsessed with Crossfit. I will take it as a compliment. :)

6 comments:

Levi said...

Awesome post Heather!!!

Katherine said...

Love my little girl!

Rye said...

You truly inspire me Heather. I love love love you!

Mike N said...

So proud of you! Just make sure you know where the plates are next time :)

Caitlin said...

proud of you heath!!! this seriously looks so hard!

Amanda Schroeder said...

Daaaang girl! I wish I had the GUTS to do crossfit ! haha!!